Thursday, May 13, 2010

When it rains...

It seems as though I am adopting the nervous quarks of my dog during a furious storm. Except that thunder and lightening doesn't send me pacing, panting, and pressing myself against people. Instead it's the thought of finals, a freshmen mentoring program that I have a love/hate relationship with, and a really dirty building. I have nothing but sympathy for the janitorial staff and the horrendous amounts of paper towels, toilet paper, and Sharpie genitalia that is plastered all over the bathroom. However, I am fairly certain that the amount of dust, grime, and whatever the hell is blowing out of the A/C unit has coated my skin and is the reason my eyes can't seem to focus on the 12 pt. Times New Roman font in front of me.
I finished the first part of my finals and I'm nearing completion. It's strange that at this frenetic time of year I feel like I can survive in this state for another month or so. Like Dottie I feel like I can't really see past the current blinding flash and terrifying boom, the day exists for itself. I haven't the foggiest idea if my co-workers can tell...but I sincerely hope not!
I also have a sneaky suspicion that this is beginning to effect my social life/skills. Here's hoping the summer recoups them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment